By Adam Yorkshire
Music is one of the greatest creations of humanity. It’s creativity in undiluted and pure format. Music plays an important role in our daily life. It’s a way of expressing our emotions and feelings. Music is a way to escape life challenging activities, which helps us to ease pain and to reduce the stress of our daily routine. It helps us to calm down, excites us in the moment of joy. Furthermore, it enriches the mind and gives us self-assurance.
Music surrounds our lives at different moments, whether we hear it on television, on the radio, from our car and home sound system. Different kinds of music are suitable for different circumstances. We come across it in the melodious tunes of a classical concert or the wedding band, or the reaper in the fields breaking into song to express the joys of life. Even singing in the bathroom gives us a happy start to the day. Music has a very powerful healing effect on the human psyche. It has always been part of our association with specific emotions, and those emotions themselves have given rise to great music.
In the modern world, music has gained an honorable designation of healing without medicine. Some doctors feel that music therapy has been helping them in treating people with problems such as depression, trauma and dementia. Many children with poor coordination and learning disability have been able to learn, and respond to set pieces of music. Many people with genetic disability have found a new light in the form of music. Role of music include the followings:
• It is an entertainment tool. For example, in an event or occasion, music plays a major role that makes the event to be lively for the people. Likewise, it creates a cordial relationship among the people.
• It is a tool for corrective measure. Music tells the people on the habit that’s uncivilized so that such behavior can be changed. Also, it’s an instrument that’s used to educate people. Music can easily convey a message to friends and enemies.
• It is a tool for settling dispute. It often helps to put an end to disagreements after listening to meaningful songs. Music is played for the group to show harmony among them.
• Music also serves as a source of income to human life. It’s a profession for some people such as playback singers, lyricist, musicians, music directors, musical instrument players, DJs and much more.
• Music serves as a symbol or message that indicates the occurrence that’s going on in a particular place. For instance, if any bad occurrence happens in a particular place, the type of music played at the location will notify the audience about what happened in that event. The type of music played will justify to the listeners what’s going on at the vicinity.
We all know that meditation cleanses the system of its negative energies. And music is a powerful aid to meditation. In many meditation workshops, music is used to make people aware of their feelings and moods. People are made to lie down and empty their minds and then listen to the music which is systematically changed so that they can fit through different emotions and state of consciousness.
Music affects all of us in one way or the other. It’s the most common interest of many people. People, who love music, listen to it while reading, traveling, walking, meditating, and some even listen to music while working in their busy routine. It helps them to relax and escape from the stress of our daily lives. It can transport us to another place, and it’s a great feeling of doing or experiencing something different.
People have special music location for themselves, and some people give importance to listening in silence, and some people love to read with light music, and some people love listening to music before sleeping.
Many people love listening to music in the bathroom because they feel it’s one of the few rooms in the home where privacy is respected. Music has now become a part of our life as it serves different purposes for every one of us whether you are “singing in the Rain” or just a Shower Diva – Enjoy it every day!